.post-title {font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;}

Friday, September 24, 2010

Allison's "rice surprise"...!

I am always looking for new recipes to try, & my friend Allison gave me this easy, but delicious one to try!  Ryder will even be able to eat it before long!  It was VERY filling, & my dad REALLY like it, which says a lot for how easy & simple it is!
Ingredients:

1 lb. ground chuck (or whatever you use...hamburger meat)

1/2 block of Velveeta

1 can RoTel

1/2 package of taco seasoning

1 cup of white rice

I bought "boil in a bag" rice and used two bags.  Heat them up in the microwave or oven as directed.
While your rice is cooking, brown & drain you hamburger meat.
Add your rice to your skillet of cooked meat.

Add your can of RoTel (I did NOT drain..)

Cut up your 1/2 block of Velveeta into cubes & place in the skillet.

Stir all ingredients together & begin to heat so the cheese can melt.

Keep stirring until the cheese is melted.

Add your 1/2 a package of taco seasoning...

Stir all together & it's ready to go!  It's great rolled up in a tortilla, or even as a dip with Scoops tortilla chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Don't be afraid to comment, I LOVE & read each & every one of your comments!